These Agua Frescas are incredibly refreshing, unfiltered fruit juices that are perfect for summertime.
The history of aguas frescas can be traced all the way back to the Aztecs.
While on their journeys between their farms and the capital city of Tenochtitlan (now Mexico City) they would muddle fruit with water to fuel up and stay refreshed.
It is super easy to make! Your kids will love it!
Ingredients (per serving):
1 cup roughly chopped fruit (I recommend hulled STRAWBERRIES, peeled cucumber, cantaloupe or pineapple)
- 1 cup WATER
- ½ medium lime or LEMON juiced
- 1 teaspoon pure cane sugar or agave nectar or sweetener of choice (if your fruit is perfectly ripe and sweet, you may not need any sweetener at all)
- Optional: 2 large MINT leaves (perfect with cucumber)
- In your blender container, combine the fruit, water, lime juice, sweetener and optional mint leaves. Purée until smooth using the smoothie feature. Taste and, if necessary, add more lime and/or sweetener, then blend briefly again.
- Serve immediately, over ice.
This recipe was found on CookieandKate.com